If you feel like the last few years have been a whirlwind of mergers and acquisitions, especially on the Magento agency side, you're right.
Below is a quick round-up of some of the larger mergers and acquisitions on our radar here at Fooman.
Do you have the inside scoop on anything coming up or something interesting we missed? Let us know so we can add it!
The journey of Magento
Initially developed by Varien, the company was acquired by ebay in 2011. It was subsequently spun out of ebay and sold to Permira in November 2015. Another short while later Magento was acquired by Adobe in August 2018 - almost 3 years ago.
The journey of Blue Acorn
Blue Acorn was one of the early adopters and veterans of Magento. The company merged with IciDigital April 2019 to form Blue Acorn Ici. Later the same year they acquired MedioType, another Magento agency. This was then followed up in 2020 by an acquisition by Infosys - the growth trajectory continues.
The journey of Vaimo
Swedish agency powerhouse Vaimo has continued to grow and now boasts 422 employees on LinkedIn. In 2013 Vaimo acquired a Finnish presence. Customerwise was next acquired in 2016 and in 2017 they added Notitium to their portfolio.
- Something Digital gets acquired by genpact
- Redbox Digital joins SQLI Group
- icube merges with sirclo
- Zilker acquired by EY
- Wire8Digital and mediaspa merged with overdose.digital
- Goodie and Maginus merge to form Naveo
- Shero merges with Ambientia, following Shero being acquired by Gauge
- Pinpoint Agency acquired by IDHL
- We Provide acquires Webbees
- Youwe expands with the acquisition of MediaCT
- Nexcess merges with Liquid Web
- Aheadworks acquired by Rave Digital
- Born Group acquired by Tech Mahindra
- CTI Digital acquires Nublue
- Visma acquires Trollweb and Meat Digital
- Youwe acquires the MarTech activities of Successflow
- Fetchify (previously known as Crafty Clicks) acquired by ClearCourse
- Demac Media becomes Bounteous Canada
- Gorilla Group is now part of Wunderman
- Lewis Creative acquired by Redbox Digital
- Envision eCommerce was acquired by Netsmartz
- Trellis acquires Growth Spark
- Meanbee acquired by Space 48
- Sonassi acquired by iomart
- Atmosol acquired by Jouanno
- Lyons SCG now part of Cap Gemini
- Rand Marketing acquired
- MageMail acquired by FE International
- SessionDigital merged with Inviqa
- Accorin acquired by Teall Capital
- Net@Work acquires Pixafy
- Fulcrum Worldwide acquires Redstage
- Weidenhammer acquires Praxis