Fooman Shipping Surcharge (Magento 2)
Why should you use a Magento 2 shipping surcharge? Competitive shipping rates are essential for high-converting e-commerce stores and low abandoned cart rates. But sometimes your system-provided shipping costs don't capture the actual costs of handling, packaging and shipping an order, leaving less profit for you.
Targeted shipping surcharges charge customers the actual cost to fulfil end-to-end order delivery. This lets you keep the rest of your standard shipping rates low and keep your customers happy.
Extra shipping fees made easy
Charge customers a range of targeted shipping fees and surcharges such as:
- Insurance costs
- Customs fees
- Certifications and government clearances
- Particular shipping carriers
- Heavy items/orders (by weight)
- Particular products (e.g. large/bulky/fragile items) - when combined with the Fooman Product Fees extension
Choose from flexible surcharge options:
- Fixed fee ($5)
- Percentage surcharge (3%)
- Combination of fixed + percentage fees ($5 + 3%)
- The higher of the fixed fee ($5) or percentage surcharge (3%) based on order amount
Integrated surcharge display
Give your surcharge a user-friendly name so customers can easily understand what they are for.
Surcharges are automatically displayed in your Magento 2 store:
- Print Order page
- My Account Order View page
- Magento 2 customer sales emails
- Backend order, invoice and credit memo
- PDFs generated by Magento (including order, invoice, shipment and credit memo PDFs), including custom PDFs created using Fooman PDF Customiser
Target countries and customer groups
Use targeted and efficient shipping pricing by charging more or less for shipping to particular countries. For example:
- Customs charges for orders shipped outside the EU
- Shipping on orders outside of USA (regions coming soon)
Apply extra shipping fees for all customers, or just customers in a particular group. This way you can avoid charging extra to your VIPs or other customers you have a special arrangement with.
Easily add, manage and delete surcharges in minutes from the Magento backend.
Quality Magento 2 code
- Coded for maximum compatibility with other customisations
- Code is implemented using Magento’s recommended customisation points (everything is implemented using extension attributes, events and plugins)
- No modification of Magento core database tables
- Tested by unit tests, integration tests and functional tests in accordance with good Magento 2 practice
- Lightweight, modular extension for targeted Magento 2 shipping surcharges
- Unlike other extensions, Fooman offers true compatibility and integration with Magento tax settings and calculations
- Create an unlimited number of surcharges and combinations
- Flexible surcharge refund options - choose to refund the surcharge in full, in part or not at all
Fooman Surcharge Is Trusted By
Add your Review
Frequently Bought Together With
Payment SurchargeRecover expensive payment provider fees via payment method surcharges for credit cards, Paypal and more.
|[1.1.7] - 2021-08-01|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.3.
|[1.1.6] - 2021-05-07|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.3.7.
Fixed - Surcharge Core: Only use billing refresh if an active surcharge requires it.
Fixed - Apply first weight band only if we have at least one qualifying product.
|[1.1.5] - 2021-02-03|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.2.
|[1.1.4] - 2020-10-09|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.1 and 2.3.6.
|[1.1.3] - 2020-07-30|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.0.
Added - Support for Php 7.4.
Money back guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guarantee
All extensions include free updates for 12 months
Simple user manuals
Easy to understand user manuals show you how to get the most out of your extension
Open source code
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customisations
Our friendly team provides expert product support and troubleshooting
One license per Magento installation, including multi store setups and test sites. Easy!
Get in touch and I'll give you my honest opinion about whether I think this extension is right for you