Fooman Payment Surcharge (Magento 2)
Why should you use a Magento 2 payment surcharge? Sharp base product prices are essential for attracting customers and keeping your abandoned cart rate low.
By using targeted surcharges to recover your highest payment provider fees (while offering your lowest cost payment options without a surcharge), you can keep your standard product pricing low and keep your customers happy.
Surcharges made easy
Pass on expensive payment provider fees to customers. Add surcharges based on different payment methods, for example:
- Credit cards
- Bank transfer
- Plus many more
Or encourage customers to use cost-effective payment options by offering a discount for these payment methods.
Integrated surcharge display
Surcharges are automatically displayed in your Magento 2 store:
- Print Order page
- My Account Order View page
- Magento 2 customer sales emails
- Backend order, invoice and credit memo
- PDFs generated by Magento (including order, invoice, shipment and credit memo PDFs), including the great-looking PDFs you can create using Fooman PDF Customiser
Quick, easy and flexible payment surcharges
Easily add, manage and delete surcharges in minutes. Do it all from the Magento backend without technical knowledge.
Choose from four different surcharge calculation options:
- Fixed fee ($5)
- Percentage surcharge (3%)
- Combination of fixed + percentage fees ($5 + 3%)
- The higher of the fixed fee ($5) or percentage surcharge (3%) based on order amount
Payment surcharges by customer type
Flexible options mean you can target the customers you need to with surcharges - and avoid adding payment provider fees onto others.
Add Magento 2 payment fees by:
- Customer group/s
- Customer country (by billing or shipping address)
Quality Magento 2 code
- Coded for maximum compatibility with other customisations
- Code is implemented using Magento’s recommended customisation points (everything is implemented using extension attributes, events and plugins)
- No modification of Magento core database tables
- Tested by unit tests, integration tests and functional tests in accordance with good Magento 2 practice
- Lightweight, modular extension for targeted Magento 2 payment surcharges
- Unlike other extensions, Fooman offers true compatibility and integration with Magento tax settings and calculations
- Create an unlimited number of surcharges and combinations
- Flexible surcharge refund options - choose to refund the surcharge in full, in part or not at all
Future development roadmap - add surcharge by credit card type (e.g. 5% for AMEX and 3% for Visa/Mastercard)
Existing Magento 1 Fooman Surcharge customers receive an exclusive discount on upgrading to this Magento 2 extension. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Might Also Like
- Fooman Ultimate Surcharge Bundle (Magento 2) - All four Fooman Magento 2 surcharge extensions for ultimate flexibility to combine surcharge types and use targeted conditions and exclusions
- Fooman Small Order Fee (Magento 2) - Charge a small order fee surcharge if an order is below a certain amount
- Fooman Product Fees (Magento 2) - Charge a fee or surcharge for specific Magento 2 products
- Fooman Shipping Surcharge (Magento 2) - Charge shipping method based fees in Magento 2.
What Our Customers Say
“Flexible extension and brilliant support. Of all the surcharge type extensions, this one seems to understand the complexities of Magento's payment system the best. And when I did run into problems, the support was prompt, friendly and highly effective. Highly recommended!”
- Neil, review of Fooman Surcharge via the Fooman website
Add your Review
Frequently Bought Together With
Product FeesCreate product surcharges like setup fees, bulky item charges, disposal costs and other product-specific fees.
|[3.4.1] - 2021-07-30|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.3.
|[3.4.0] - 2021-07-29|
Added - Ability to preview calculated cost of payment surcharges.
|[3.3.3] - 2021-05-06|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.3.7.
Fixed - Payment Method ajax request gets triggered too often.
Changed - Minimum supported Magento version is now 2.3.x for earlier versions use previous releases.
|[3.3.2] - 2021-02-04|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.2.
|[3.3.1] - 2020-10-15|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.1 and 2.3.6.
Money back guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guarantee
All extensions include free updates for 12 months
Simple user manuals
Easy to understand user manuals show you how to get the most out of your extension
Open source code
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customisations
Our friendly team provides expert product support and troubleshooting
One license per Magento installation, including multi store setups and test sites. Easy!
Get in touch and I'll give you my honest opinion about whether I think this extension is right for you