Fooman Same Order Invoice Number (Magento 2)
By default, Magento 2 assigns a separate number to orders and related documents (invoices, shipments and credit memos). Once installed, this extension ensures that when a new Magento 2 invoice, shipment or credit memo is created, it will always take the same number as the associated order.
This extension can be particularly useful for businesses that ship and sell high volumes of products. Your customer benefits by only ever having to reference one number consistently displayed on all documents.
Consistent order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers
- New invoices, shipments and credit memos are automatically assigned the same number as the related order
- This extension does not change any historical data - only future invoices, credit memos and shipments will be changed
- For order #1000, the associated invoice would be #1000, the shipment #1000, and the credit memo also #1000
This is a simple and popular approach for tidy record keeping and easy document identification.
Automatic duplicate separation
In the event of multiple invoices, shipments or credit memos associated with the same order, a duplicate separator will be used.
For example, the first invoice would be #1000, the second #1000-1, the third #1000-2, and so on.
Add custom prefixes
Make your numbering system more user-friendly by choosing a custom prefix for your:
- Invoice numbers (e.g. INV-1000001)
- Shipment numbers (e.g. SHIP-1000001)
- Credit Memo numbers (e.g. CREDIT-1000001)
Streamline your order numbering with Order Number Customiser [Pro Features]
Want to take it further? Our Fooman Order Number Customer Magento 2 extension lets you fully customise order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers using any combination of letters, numbers and dates. Edit order number prefix, length, increment ID and more.
You Might Also Like
- Fooman Order Number Customiser (Magento 2) - Fully customise order, invoice, shipping and credit memo numbers
- Print Order PDF (Magento 2) - Create a new 'Order Confirmation' PDF for easy order management with this free extension by Fooman.
Add your Review
|[3.1.0] - 2023-03-06|
Added - Support for Php 8.2.
Changed - Minimum Magento version is now 2.3.0 - for earlier versions please use previous releases.
|[3.0.14] - 2022-09-15|
Fixed - Avoid collection side effects.
|[3.0.13] - 2022-08-05|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.5.
|[3.0.12] - 2022-04-29|
Fixed - Handle collisions when pre-existing increment numbers are higher than order numbers - thanks @fredden.
|[3.0.11] - 2022-03-30|
Added - Compatibility with Magento 2.4.4.
Added - Support for Php 8.0/8.1.
Money back guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guarantee
All extensions include free updates for 12 months
Simple user manuals
Easy to understand user manuals show you how to get the most out of your extension
Open source code
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customisations
Our friendly team provides expert product support and troubleshooting
One license per Magento installation, including multi store setups and test sites. Easy!
Get in touch and I'll give you my honest opinion about whether I think this extension is right for you